12/5/17 – KRRC responds to FERC information request; KRRC and PacifiCorp request technical conference; KRRC requests deadline extension for the Definite Plan
- KRRC and PacifiCorp have conferred on responses to additional information requests (AIRs) from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to ensure successful implementation of the amended KHSA.
- Specifically, the following were filed the week of December 4, 2017:
- KRRC responded to FERC’s October 5, 2017 AIR regarding the joint KRRC/PacifiCorp Transfer Application. In response to question 4 in the AIR, KRRC submitted a non-redacted version of the Detailed Plan to FERC on November 30th.
- KRRC and PacifiCorp filed a joint letter with FERC requesting a Technical Conference with FERC Commissioners to be held in January 2018. The purpose of the conference is to allow PacifiCorp and the KRRC to explain why the amended Klamath Hydroelectric Settlement Agreement asks FERC to consider the license transfer application independently of and before the decommissioning filing, and to better understand how FERC views this piece of the agreement.
- KRRC filed a letter with FERC requesting an extension of time to no later than July 1, 2018 to file the Definite Plan and to respond to FERC’s July 14, 2017 Additional Information Request regarding the Surrender Application.
12/5/17 – Funding Updates
- In November 2017, the Oregon Public Utility Commission disbursed the first of three funding allocations for Phase 2 of KRRC’s Oregon Funding Agreement.
- On Thursday, November 30th the California Public Utilities Commission approved KRRC’s California Funding Agreement.