If you are a member of a news or media organization and need assistance, please contact Matt Cox:
News and Announcements
Latest Press Releases
KRRC Board Approves FY 18-19 Budget | July 13, 2018
ODEQ Issues Draft Certification for 401 Water Quality Permit | May 29, 2018
KRRC in the News
May 7, 2019 – What is touted as a record-size U.S. dam removal, held up by 15 years of stakeholder and government legal disputes, now is moving forward, with an April 24 design-build contract to Kiewit Infrastructure West.
April 26, 2019 – The Klamath River Renewal Corporation (KRRC) has entered into a dam removal design-build contract with Kiewit Infrastructure West Co. The initial award authorizes $18.1 million in preliminary services, with a further award for project implementation work to follow once design is finalized.
April 25, 2019 – The project to see four dams removed from along the Klamath River just entered a new phase, with the Klamath River Renewal Corporation (KRRC) choosing a contractor to accomplish the task.
April 4, 2019 – We consulted with the AECOM technical experts working on the dam removal project (including experts on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) process) in order to clarify for everyone the regulatory processes and how they all fit together.
March 30, 2019 – There are many questions surrounding the potential removal of four dams along the Klamath River. One commonly asked question is whether dam removal would be in the best interest of Pacific Power ratepayers.
Latest KRRC Newsletters
Photo Gallery for Press
All the images are for press use only and available as digital files for use with articles about the Klamath River Renewal Corporation.
Close-up images of Copco No. 1 Dam (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
Aerial image of Copco No. 2 Dam (Credit: PacifiCorp)
Aerial images of Iron Gate Dam (Credit: Michael Wier / CalTrout)
JC Boyle Dam and Powerhouse (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 1 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 2 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 3 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 4 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 5 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 6 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 7 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 8 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Klamath River 9 (Credit: Anna Murveit / KRRC)
- Mouth of the Klamath River – An aerial view of the Klamath River where it flows into the Pacific Ocean.
- Algae Blooms 1 (Credit: KRRC)
- Algae Blooms 2 (Credit: KRRC)
- Algae Blooms 3 (Credit: KRRC)
- Algae Blooms 4 (Credit: KRRC)
- Algae Sample (Credit: Karuk Tribe)
- Klamath River Health Advisory Notice (Credit: Danielle Katz, Rivers for Change)
- Green Water (Credit: “A River Between Us”)
- Green Algae on Plants (Credit: “A River Between Us”)
- Algae on Water (Credit: “A River Between Us”)
- Algae in Iron Gate Reservoir (Credit: EcoFlight)
- Algae in Iron Gate Reservoir 2 (Credit: EcoFlight)
We are pleased to offer B-Roll footage for broadcast or internet use.